$900 WEBSITES GIVEAWAYCONTEST (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on June 1st, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on June 30th, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. MST (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period is composed of the following stages:
- Entry Period: Begins on June 1st, 2016 at 12:00 p.m and ends on June 30th, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. MST
- Judging Period: July 1st 2016
- Contact Period: July 1st 2016 and ends on July 2nd 2016
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of $900 Websites (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
- Have a valid Facebook account (an “Account”). If you do not have an Account, visit www.facebook.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Facebook account.
- Like the (a “Like”) of the official $900 Websites Facebook page at www.facebook.com/900websites (the “Channel”).
- During the Entry Period, enter your information into the Facebook contest on Facebook or 900websites.com/free-website
- Comply with Facebook Terms of Service and Facebook Rules available at www.facebook.com
- Enter the contest using the entry form located on Facebook
4) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you Like our page AND Enter through the contest form on http://22.214.171.124/free-website-giveaway/ or through our Facebook page that has the entry form on it. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Account or email to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF TWITTER AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTING WINNER
5) WINNER– During the Selection Period, the all the entries will be put into a random draw where each the winning entry will be selected by the contest application tool WooBox. The selected Winner will receive the “Prize”
FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
6) On Wednesday, July 3rd, in Calgary, Alberta, beginning at approximately 10:00 a.m. MST, Sponsor will contact the selected Winner by sending him/her a private message to the email address they provided during the Contest.
It is your responsibility to set check your email during that time and make sure your spam filter is setup to receive messages from firstname.lastname@example.org and to check your email for such messages during the Contact Period.
9) Before being declared a Finalist: each selected Finalist must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email. The Winner will be contacted by email, and will be required to sign and return before the end of the Contact Period a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
- confirms compliance with the Contest Rules;
- releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
- grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness
- in any form of advertising relating to the Contest without further notice or compensation.
9) If a selected Finalist: (i) cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or before the end of the Contact Period (whichever occurs first); (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release within the specified time; or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then he/she will be disqualified and forfeit his/her opportunity to be a Winner. The Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may re-draw a Winner from the pool of applicants that originally entered the contest.
10) Prize: There is one (1) prize package available to be won. The package consists of one (1) Business Websites as indicated here: http://126.96.36.199/pricing-cheap-websites/. To be clear about the prize, this website is a template website where the Winner provides all relevant content and imagery to be used on the Prize. 900webistes will include web hosting with the prize, which is typical above the Business Website cost.
NOTE: $900 Websites takes no responsibility for the content that is supplied for the website. It is assumed that the website content will not infringe on copyright laws and that the content provider owns all rights, or has permission to use, all content provided.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
11) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
12) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
13) Sponsor’s right to use your Contest information: You acknowledge that your Contest Prize, along with any submitted information, may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials. By posting entering the Contest you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest Proze and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest Photo, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
14) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
15) By entering the Contest: (i) without limiting the Facebook Terms of Service grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her public such as business name Prize information, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her public information in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Tweet. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any of the public information if a complaint is received with respect to the Conteest, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Entry and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Entry does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Entry and/or the associated entrant.
17) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Facebook or Email accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
18) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest third party applications will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
19) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
21) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Facebook, WooBox or any third party application. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not Twitter.